Friday 7 December 2007

PostHeaderIcon Washquake

I'm in the midst of writing a larger entry but I thought I would post this for now.

So, I'm making dinner in my kitchen earlier this evening. I had my music on quite loud but the album I was playing had just finished so things went quiet. All of a sudden I feel a rumbling and a large shaking sound in my apartment.

"Is this... an earthquake?" I think to myself in a reasonably calm demeanour.

I had actually convinced myself by this point that the tetonic plates beneath me were grinding and jerking away violently but at the same time I was suitably unimpresed by the sensation.

I then turned around and noticed my washing machine shaking about.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

I am a 24 year old Scotsman currently teaching English to Japanese schoolchildren. I live in a small town on the east coast of Kochi prefecture.

Shashins

Travel Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory